Monday, January 21, 2013

IBM Connections & IBM Sametime => Awareness..

Today, working on my IBM Connections & Sametime platform, I made a discovery that I would like to share. That's stupid, but maybe I'm not the only one :) :)....
I have decided to implement IBM Sametime awareness though Sametime Client (Web API toolkit).
You can find the documentation here.

As normal tester, I only have one PC and traditionally, I do my test with one user. I have followed the procedure and started to check it works fine.

When I have accessed  to Profiles anonymously, I was able to see awareness. But, when I was logged with my account, I didn't see awareness information... Unbelievable !!!

So, I decided to check the code of the Profiles page.


And, I found a condition "If My profile, then don't display awareness"...
So, I have used a different account on the IBM Connections platform, and in that case, I was able to see Awareness...


That was the lesson of the day...



2 comments:

  1. Aargh *bangs head on desk*, this explains the same issue I had - couldn't work out why it didn't work with my ID but did with a dev ID I occasionally use. Thanks for sharing.

    Now, if you want a real challenge, get Sametime integrated seamlessly with Connections using HTTPS :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, HTTPS is easy at least for the Client side integration (Web API).
    Check that document : ConnectWebApiDevguide.pdf in the Sametime SDK at page 22.

    ReplyDelete