Wednesday, September 12, 2012

What does Social Business mean?

I'm sure you have read lot of articles about Social Business...
Luis Benitez has written an article about the definition of Social Business (here).

A Social Business:
  1. embraces networks of people - It's not about B2B or B2C. It's about P2P (person-to-person) to create business value.
  2. is engaged and has conversations online with its customers, employees, suppliers and embraces
  3. is transparent and is ready to be open to ideas and capitalize on those
  4. removes boundaries both inside and outside so that your people reflect your brand
  5. is nimble because they are engaged and transparent (see #2 and #3 above) and can make quicker business decisions
But, a picture is worth a thousand words, in my case an example...
Let me share with you my experience from yesterday.
I wanted to download Websphere Update Installer to update one instance of Websphere Application Server. But, the link was broken...

I've published a "Message in the bottle" on Twitter.

The link has been restored, and I have received an update from @ibm_eSupport:


I think that's a really good example of Social Business...

No comments:

Post a Comment